Helpful Tools - Audio Books


The OverDrive App on my iPad is a great knitting/sewing companion. It is easy to download audio books, and the time I spend knitting and sewing flies by. I'm able to get more done when my mind and my hands are occupied.  OverDrive is associated with my local library, and my library card allows me to check out the books for 14 days.  The App works on my phone and my iPad and the two devices sync to keep my place in the recording. I can checkout ebooks, audio books and videos with the OverDrive App.

Recently, I've "read" the following books:
    "C" is for Corpse - Sue Grafton
    Don't Go - Lisa Scottoline
    If I Stay - Gayle Forman
    Bullseye - David Baldacci
    The Devil Wins - Reed Farrel Coleman
    "G" is for Gumshoe - Sue Grafton
    Goodbye Things - Fumio Sasaki
    The Dead Will Tell - Linda Castillo

Does your public library give you access to audio books via an App?


Comments

  1. Yes I do and if you look at my blog I have a sidebar from Goodreads that lists all the books I have "read" and rated them as well. Maybe you could start doing that too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - I use Overdrive a lot - both the Philadelphia library and my local one. I haven't enjoyed audio books in the past, so I just (so far) download e-books to my Kindle (which I can also access on my phone - but the screen is way too small for me - and my tablet). I was able to change my loan time from 14 days to 21 which works better for me since generally 3 or 4 all become available at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to look into that for The Mister. I can't live without my audio books but we can't share my Audible account because we don't like the same type of books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our library does offer Overdrive and another app, but I haven't used them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do know that our library has audio books but I haven't looked into it for my iPad. I definitely will be checking that out. Pun intended! :-) I usually listen to knitting podcasts while crafting but books would be great too. Thanks for the tip.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone is going to love that hat! I will ask my library about that ! Great idea Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I listen through the Kindle app. Ahhh, nothing like a good 'read' and a good knit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not sure. My husband gets audio book through an app on his I phone...I don't get involved:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful quilts!! I love your reading list. I am a mystery novel freak! About 80% of the books in my Kindle library are mysteries, courtroom dramas and police procedurals. Love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love audio books. recently I listened too "Rebecca" a book I have oft seen on "must read" lists. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Peggy has just read and I have just listened to L'Appart by David Lebovitz. A true life account of an American chef moving to Paris, buying an apartment there and having it renovated. A very interesting commentary about life in France and ways of the French. I wish I had read it before I went to Paris.
    Imust check my local library to see if they have audio books. I buy all mine through Audible - not cheap but they have a great range.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.