Additional Murals

I had the opportunity to snap photos of the murals that have recently been hung around town, and thanks to the recent edition of Wind River Country, they can be properly identified.
Riva San Biagio Venice
by Maurice Prendergast
100 W. Main, Riverton, WY
Man with Crossed Arms
by Paul Cezanne
between N. 2nd E. & N. 3rd E.
Riverton, WY
The Mounties Always Get Their Man
by Charles M. Russell
2441 Peck Ave. - C.E.S. Building

Saddlestring Cavvy by Bruce Graham
Broadway at Main St., Riverton, WY
Contemporary Sioux Indian by James Bama
Broadway at Main St., Riverton, WY
murals hanging at Broadway and Main
Riverton, WY
There are a couple more murals that I need to photograph. Hopefully, I will be able to do that soon while it's still on my mind.

Other murals can be seen here: (some are grouped together in the posts)
    Carson's Men
    The Wind River
    Still Life - Plate of Peaches
    Luncheon of the Boating Party
    Madame Subercasseaux
    Portrait of a Young Man
    Shakespeare
    Dancer with a Bouquet of Flowers
    Van Gogh - Self Portrait
    Pitcher and Bowl of Fruit (two photos - one hung correctly; one not)
    A Street in Venice
    Post Office Mural (indoor mural)
    Meat's Not Meat till It's in the Pan
    The Red Checkered Table Cloth (located in Hudson, WY)
    Running from the Storm (located in Hudson, WY)
 
I am happy Riverton has a variety of murals/art banners hung on buildings throughout town.


Comments

  1. So nice! I love seeing art on city buildings. Most of what I have seen have been from "unknown" artists. I like that some of these are from "famous" folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful reproductions of great western art! This is a wonderful idea for the community. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So MANY murals. So cool!

    One of these days I need to get downtown here and do some photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! We don't have too much artwork around town here. It's really neat to see all of the artwork in your town. It looks like a great way to promote the community.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Murals just hanging about. I love the one in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I am a huge fan of public art. I'd love to come up with a project for my city.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to stop and appreciate murals, too! I love the one of the horses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love murals. I wish we could visit Riverton again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.