I Spy. . .

Faucet near the cabin's front steps
July 2016
It wasn't until the last day at the cabin that Maria spotted the bird's nest in the hose holder. The nest was in a high traffic area: we walked by this area multiple times as we exited and entered the cabin, the ATV and Jeep were frequently parked adjacent to the nest, and the bucket under the faucet is where Emma (Dwight's dog) stopped for quick drinks. Yet, the little bird was not seen until the last day of our visit.

closeup of the bird on the nest
July 2016
The choice of nesting spots was good - "hidden" in plain sight. 

I snapped the photos before we headed down the mountain. This little bird can relax until the next visitors come to the mountain cabin.


Comments

  1. Ohh I love it!!...So glad it survived in such an open place!! Smart bird:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a mama vireo! How sweet is she? Looks like she found a pretty protected place to raise her little babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I guess you didn't do much watering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so neat and fun to watch. I have a nest under the deck and can watch the babies grow while I'm sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.