Floral Art

Large Crane
Conservatory of the Bellagio Hotel
Las Vegas, NV
April 2015
As I prepared some recent blog posts, I found some photos taken a little over a year ago when Brenda, Marilyn, Cheryl and I flew to Las Vegas, NV to celebrate Marilyn's birthday. Today, I want to share a bit of springtime, Vegas style.

Conservatory of the Bellagio Hotel
 The morning we walked over to the Bellagio to have breakfast, was the day the floral displays were being refreshed - new, cut flowers were being placed into the large featured displays.

This worker is replaced some mums on the large crane's wings. According to the sign near the crane, it was 6 foot high with a wing span of 6 foot. It was constructed of 200 feathers and 1,400 flowers. The legs were sculpted epoxy coating over steel armature. The cranes eyes were fabricated from acrylic.


We also saw workers refreshing the flowers on the turtle's shell.

This is a job that I would enjoy. How about you?

Comments

  1. The floral displays there are so amazing. We were there once right after Christmas and the holiday displays were still up. We wondered what kind of manpower and extra flowers were needed to keep them looking so beautiful. I can't even imagine. Definitely art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A job working with flowers all day sounds pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not for me...I like to look at it but not create it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's a craft I would love to learn.
    I haven't been to Vegas is years and years and from what I can tell, it has changed completely. I still remember OLD Vegas - The MGN - The Sands - The Tropicana - I think they're all gone now. I would love to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes I would love to work with all those flowers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to see the Bellagio, so thanks Nancy! I love the floral section of my grocery store. I LOVE the smell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen floral arrangements exactly like these. The closest I can come with something similar is the floats at the Tournament of Roses Parade. When we lived in California we used to go to it. And Pat was a member for awhile since we lived in Pasadena for a year or two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.