Twining Class Wrap-up

twined runner
December 2015
Mid-December was the last session for the Rug Twining class at Fort Washakie. Only one of my students finished a rug, but the others have the technique mastered and should finish their rugs in short order.

During the class and subsequent work sessions, I finished a rug and the runner, shown in the photo above. The fabric strips from the last row on the runner still need to be woven into the rug before I can call it finished.

Ingrid's finished rug
December 2015
I want to commend Ingrid on her finished rug. For the record, it is exceedingly difficult for a beginner to twine with the two strips the same color, and Ingrid did it beautifully on her entire rug. Well done, Ingrid!

An earlier post on the rug class can be seen here.

Comments

  1. I love the post on rug twining. It is what lead me to your blog in the first place. I twine and have been ask to put together a history of twining for a presentation at local historical farm near me. But coming up with information is not easy, any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on your runner. Reminds me of the braided rugs we had in our house when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to learn to do this but I simply cannot add another hobby:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rugs! They look like they are just perfect. Glad you pointed out how well your student did...I wouldnt have guessed that her twining two strips of same color would be more difficult than two kinds of color. I always learn from you NANCY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colors in the one peaking out of the basket because it reminded me of the braided rugs that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive! Happy New Year, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the runner and Ingrid's rug is beautiful! I need to learn how to do that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful rugs. Refresh my memory -- are they fabric? Yarn? Or something else. Must look up info on twining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried twining, but can imagine that my finished project would not look as professional as your student's did! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very nice finish; Ingrid is going to love what she has made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vibrant colors in your rug. Very pretty. I love Ingrid's design using primarily subtle color and then that burst of black. I'd like to do something similar. Thanks for sharing, Nancy. You know this is a new interest of mine and I'm interested in seeing what others have done. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.