Shoo Fly Blocks

Shoo Fly block
Quilt of Valor # 78 - Roundabout resulted in a considerable number of large "waste" half-square triangles (HSTs). Since I recently made a lot of star blocks from the smaller HSTs from Whirligig, I made some Shoo Fly blocks to shake things up a bit.  

Shoo Fly block
I only needed to cut the white solid squares, as the center squares were already cut and in the 4-inch scrap bin. Once sewed together into the quilt top, the blocks will measure or finish at 10.5 inches.

Thirty Shoo Fly blocks were made from the HST scraps - enough for another Quilt of Valor.


Comments

  1. Have never seen a Shoo Fly quilt before...it is quite unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! You will conquer the scrap bin by the end of the year. I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great use of those leftovers. These blocks will be just as pretty as the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoo fly.. I may have to name a cat that someday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that name too... and the pattern looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you have to wonder HOW the blocks got their name. LOL

    Your shoo-fly blocks look just PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute... and I can see the Shoo-fly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an easy block. I don't think I've made this one before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.