Sistas' Scarves


Last week was the monthly meeting of the Lander Sew Sistas, and we made scarves from various fabrics. Sheri purchased two fabrics at the local Walmart for our scarves, and I decided to use both fabrics. Sheri and I made mobius scarves (one twist is added when sewing the ends), but some of the other ladies made infinity scarves, which is one loop with no twist)

I decided to make some additional scarves for myself and my sisters, so I went to Walmart and searched their fabric department for appropriate fabric. (This area does not have a fabric store, so Walmart and one quilt shop are the only options to purchase fabric for 100+ miles.)

The selection of "scarf" fabric was very limited, but I found some that worked.


The "jelly bean" fabric was found in the remnant bin. The teal/turquoise and white & black "netting" paired with solid jersey. Leopard-heart fabric was a bit stiff but was soften by the solid black jersey.

The scarves made with the netting fabric had the best drape, but it was somewhat of a challenge to sew.

Thank you, Brenda H. for showing the Sistas how to make these scarves.

Other projects I've enjoyed making with Lander Sew Sistas are:

Scissor Cases

Silk Dyeing

Humbug Bags


Comments

  1. What a great sewing project—perfect for gift giving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great. I bought some fabric for a scarf last winter and then set it aside. Now I'm thinking I need to find it and get the scarf made. The instructions I have are for the mobius scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so lovely and they look so soft. I loved the Humbug bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all lovely. I like the two fabrics together in the first one. Really neat. Last year I made infinity scarves to give as Christmas gifts. It was loads of fun. . .so easy. It's nice that you can meet up with other women in a sewing group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project! You sure did a nice job of photographing them for this post. They look very nice, and won't they be handy to throw on and dress up an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look great!! You are a talented seamstress:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! And I bet they will get lots of wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scarves are very nice. I love the look of scarves but dislike wearing them. Can't stand all that stuff around my neck! I don't even like to wear necklaces but do once in awhile! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all so pretty Nancy! I miss my old sewing guild back in Illinois, we used to make a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ccute!! What fun times you must have!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice scarf. I'd like to learn how to make that myself. Of course, during the summers here I couldn't stand to wear even the lightest weight scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.