Foreign Friday

Red China border
December 1979


Comments

  1. Cool picture. Say, that's quite the hat; we all could use one like that for knitting outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy what a cute photo. INtruguing . what kind of puppy is she holding? What is in her left hand? It looks like bamboo of some sort....
    You look wonderful. Love her hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an interesting opportunity - the communist countries were so secretive and scary in the 1970s for most of us. I had the opportunity to visit East Berlin (and west Berlin) in 1971. It was quite intimidating to cross through Checkpoint Charlie into communist territory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo! There is so much going on in it! Is that woman carrying a baby and a dog?!? I'm impressed she is even maneuvering with that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun photo! I bet that hat was effective in keeping out the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is quite a photo... notice the baby on her back and a puppy? You have had such wonderful experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an interesting photo. I didn't know the Chinese had pets in the 1970's. What is she carrying over her shoulder? That is some hat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.