Sewline Threader - a review

Sewline Needle Threader
I use this handy needle threader quite a bit whenever I hand-tack the bindings on the Quilts of Valor. The tacking goes quickly with a small needle, but frankly my eyes are no longer good enough to thread the needle unassisted. The small needle's eye is even too small for me to use a conventional needle threader. The Sewline website recommends using this tool for size 9 - 12 needles.

Several years ago, I saw the Sewline threader featured on a blog and did a quick search online and immediately ordered one.


The Sewline is about the size of a lipstick tube.


Note the front section slides toward the metal ring to reveal the threader.


Close up of the threading mechanism. Note the metal hook-like attachment on the white section and the groove between it and the pink section.


The eye-end of the needle is inserted into a hole in the front of the threader, and the thread is placed in the groove.

Gently push down on the white section.
Do NOT force the threader - if resistance is felt, reposition the needle.


Withdraw the needle, and it is magically threaded. 


Tug on the thread to draw it through the eye of the needle. 


The cap on the other end of the threader has a magnet, and under the cap is a compartment to store extra needles. 

I love this threader, and anyone who does any kind of needlework will appreciate how quickly and easily it threads a needle. 



Note: I am a satisfied customer and did not receive any compensation for this post/review. 


Comments

  1. That's a really cool little tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not seen one of these but I can see how it would be real handy:) Glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a great tool. Very well designed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that's it. I need one of those! As it is, I have to slide a white note card behind my needle in order to see the thread as I put it in. I can see that this would be handy to have in my sewing toolbox! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my mother's eyes failed her she learned to thread a needle without being able to see it. She taught me to do it and I can still can "most" of the time but the threader looks easier and more certain. Thanks for the review. I will not hesitate to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to look for one of those because even though I feel like a spring chicken...most days...my eyes seem to be aging fast! Thank you for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I know what to get Fireman for Fathers day. !!! Cool gadget. He loves gadgets and does all the button sewing around here

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a good one! I bought a lime green contraption that doesn't work worth beans for my beading needles:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's something I need to get. I'm starting to have a hard time threading my needles for hand sewing. Thanks for sharing this item, I had no idea it was out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Nancy, I'm starting to struggle in this area too now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.