Quilt of Valor Elves

Brenda H., Nancy L. and Mary H.
Quilt of Valor elves
Lander, WY
May 2015

Mary (in the purple shirt), coordinates a group of ladies who meet at the Lander library each month to sew, craft, or try new techniques. Previous posts about this group are here and here. When the group's May project was cancelled, I asked Mary if they would be interested in making QOV blocks. She happily accepted my offer.

The group meets for two hours, so I opted from two quick blocks (a Disappearing Nine Patch and a Rail Fence) from which the ladies could choose to work on that day. From my stash, I selected and prepared fabric strips and squares to take for the group sew-in. The group numbers change from month to month, and last week three ladies showed up with their sewing machines and an eagerness to make some QOV blocks.

Those three QOV eleves sewed enough strip sets to recreate bottom portion of the quilt hanging on the wall, as well as DNP blocks for a good start on a quilt. Nice job, ladies!

Photos of the finished quilt tops will be posted soon; hopefully, this week.

Thank you, Mary, Brenda, and Nancy for making two Quilts of Valor possible.

Comments

  1. Nothing like a group to make things better:) Good job to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many hands make quick work, plus I'm sure you all had lots of fun. Our guild had a similar day a couple of years ago and made enough blocks for a full sized quilt in one morning. A few of us met again another month and put the top together too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You elves are amazing. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea Nancy. I marvel at ladies and men who drag their sewing machines in and out in all kinds of weather. Another way you folks rock with Quilts of valor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and busy elves!! Looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norhing like a group to get things done. Bless your elves for helping with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember making things with my sewing guild in Illinois as a group and just loved it. Can't wait to see the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun sewing in a group. Nice start on two more quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.