Tap, Tap, Tap


From previous posts, it should not come as a surprise that I love to work on jigsaw puzzles. Before storing the folding table in the garage for the summer, I worked on one final puzzle, a 500-piece image of nothing but crayons. It was challenging and a lot of fun.

I don't remember how it got started, but whenever I work on puzzles with Marilyn (my sister) and Brenda (my niece), it is common to softly (or sometimes, not so softly) tap the pieces as they fit into the puzzle. Sometimes we even say, "Tap, tap, tap!" as the piece slips into its rightful position.

Before I finished the crayon puzzle, I sent Brenda a text:


Are we the only ones who "tap, tap, tap" the puzzle pieces, or does your family do it, too?

Comments

  1. No, we do not say "tap, tap, tap", but we might start. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was young we never did any puzzles but after I married I have done some but I am the only one so no one to say tap, tap too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't tap, but I might start now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuckling at your text and fun tradition. That DOES look like a challenging puzzle - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. Love the tap, tap, tap. But I have not done it. It sure would give a little extra emphasis to finding and placing a puzzle piece you've looked for...for hours! I got a kick out of your text to Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do find the neatest puzzles! Puzzles were a family tradition at our house--inserting a piece as we walked by it, but we never did the "tap, tap, tap." Our yippee statements were "voila" or "look at that" or "I found that purple piece." I wish we had thought of tap, tap, tap. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a puzzle, but we don't really have the space for them. I like 500 pieces perfect size. I loved the pic of your text message. My grandmother was a tapper as she did the project scan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well now that I think about it, we do that too! Two taps, but I never thought about actually SAYING "Tap, Tap!" I love puzzles, too. But like you I have just taken down the puzzle table, figuring with the wonderful weather I will have other things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's cute. Reminds me of my grandmother, Nannie. She had the oddest, wonderful laugh that truly sounded almost like she was singing "Haha!" and she'd "Haha Haha!" on a much-searched for puzzle piece when found.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful puzzle! We may push a piece into place and say "Theres one!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not much of a puzzle doer, but my sis sure is, so I'll have to ask her! Good job on that puzzle; it looks like a tricky one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.