Foreign Friday

Tour guide, Judy Loxtercamp, Judith Kravetz, Nancy Stearns
Kumamoto Castle
Southern Japan
April 1980
It rained a lot while we were touring Southern Japan. I didn't want to carry an umbrella on the trip, so I wore a rain poncho. I still own the poncho and keep it in my car for emergencies. I purchased and used many umbrellas in the two years I lived in Japan. They don't see much use anymore in semi-arid Wyoming, but two are stored in my car, two are in an umbrella basket near the front door, and two more are stashed in the closet.

Previous posts about Kumamoto Castle can be found here.

Comments

  1. I like the idea of umbrellas, but I rarely have a free hand, and then what to do with the wet thing? so I just seek out hooded raincoats... and still keep an umbrella in the car and by the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful castle! I love rainy days and places so I always have an umbrella and a raincoat handy! I'm wondering why the man in the photo is holding his umbrella up high Mary Poppins style. I got a chuckle out of imagining him flying away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful castle! I looked at your past posts, too, to see more. I can see that it would be a wonderful place to explore and learn about the history of this area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much for Umbrella's either...beautiful building!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful building in the background! I always have an umbrella in my car just in case :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the coolest setting for the image of you all!!!!!!! Love the backround building .

    I went years with no umbrella ....now I have a Cubs umbrella and a gorgeous botanic umbrella.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.