Blocking Spring Violets Vest

Spring Violets vest
started January 16, 2013 

Spring Violets is truly off the needles. The picot edging needs tacked, and the sides seamed before it can be considered completely finished.

The colorful, foam mats were purchased at Kmart several years ago for the fraction of the price of those sold by Knit Picks and other online stores; plus, the mats are large, 24-inch squares compared to the 12-inch ones sold specifically for blocking.  I use my quilting pins to hold the project in place.

A photo of the finished vest will be posted soon.

Comments

  1. Almost finished. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's looking great. Those foam mats are neat, I just might have to invest in some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're almost there!

    What a good idea to use the kid's blocks instead of the more expensive knitter's ones.

    I'll have to see if my K-Mart has them next time I'm up that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be nice to see it finished...and what a wonderful idea for blocking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great!! I'm anxious to see it on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I block on the ironing board or on the hot tub cover. (No... the Knight is NOT amused or at all pleased when I do...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a beautiful color! Bet you are going to love this vest. I, too, have some of those blocks, the puzzle kind, and even those work great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I cannot wait to see you wearing it!!!!! Love the color

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.