Foreign Friday

Women's public restroom
Lake Towada, Japan
1979

Part of adventure of visiting another country is finding unique services. The stalls in this public restroom were similar to non-flushing restrooms still found at many mountain campgrounds in the U.S. where water is seldom available or scarce.

Although a bit challenging to actually use because it required squatting, the respite was indeed welcome.

I'll answer WoolWinder's question here since others may be wondering about the red tray. It contained paper towels which I assume were to be used as toilet paper since there was none in the stall.


Comments

  1. I'm curious about the red pan in the photo. What is that for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so interesting but don't think I would want to experince it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is almost like the bathrooms in France, just cleaner :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.