Sand Boxes

Finally after 384 days, the Sand Boxes quilt is finished and ready for its journey to a machine quilter. The project was stalled for months on end, but came together nicely. I added two borders to meet the size requirements for a Quilt of Valor.

The backing fabric was tucked away in my sewing room. I remember buying it two or three years ago for another project, but it works perfectly for this quilt top.

Using a similar blue, and the backing fabric, I made a presentation case for the quilt, using this video tutorial on the Quilt of Valor site.

Now, I need to prepare a label and binding, and the quilt is good to go.

Update: October 13, 2010


Sand Boxes has been quilted by Alycia and will soon be given to a soldier. Thank you Alycia for quilting this top for me and for sending these photos for my record.



Comments

  1. It's beautiful, Nancy. I love those soft, dreamy colors. Someone will be lucky to get this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it just goes to show ya...some things are just worth watitin' for. It's just beautiful sweetie. A job well done! :o)

    May God bless your beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NANCY IT'S BEAUTIFUL! I ALSO LOVE THE NAME OF IT. I KNOW YOU ARE GLAD IT'S DONE AND A LITTLE SAD MAYBE.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.