Operation Santa


Operation Santa filled and distributed 42,400 stockings to deployed Armed Forces in 2009. Volunteers in 2009 crafted 50,00 stockings.

I used some scraps and some smaller pieces of yardage to make 11 stockings in an assembly line.

The pattern is easy to print and use: one simple seam, a quick hem at the top, and an optional hanging loop. Nothing can be easier to make. Cuffs are also optional. November 1, 2010 is the deadline.

You can watch a video of Santa's elves on the Citizen Sam website that may make motivate you to make a stocking or two from some of your scraps.

Please note that Citizen Sam has other projects listed on their site, too.

Comments

  1. Sewing is so much faster than knitting. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you donate your time to such a variety of needs...these are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say - I LOVE all the quilts and kitchen items you have posted recently. These stockings are so patriotic looking - very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THEM NANCY.I USED THIS SAME METHOD TO MAKE A BED SOCK FOR SOMEONE IN A NURSING HOME WHOSE FEET SWELL BAD. SHE STAYS IN BED ALL THE TIME BUT HER FEET GET COLD. WAITING TO SEE IF THEY WORKED.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.