Garter Knitting

Trust me, working garter stitch with acrylic yarn is much kinder on the hands than is cotton yarn, and my wrist is extremely grateful. This project has been on the needles since January and was pushed aside during my bib-knitting blitz during the Olympics. On Monday, I added another two inches during my volunteer shift at the hospital.

I got a great deal on three new skeins of this Red Heart yarn (Blueberry Pie) at a yard sale last summer, and I am nearly finished with the second skein. The final skein should polish off this project.

Look what came in the mail last week from JulieK - a lovely crocheted preemie blanket, just large enough for an isolette. Thank you Julie for your generous donation to the baby blanket project.

Comments

  1. Love the blue colors and glad you are able to make those needles sing again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back to knitting again. Be careful not to overdo it.

    The crocheted blanket is adorable! Good work, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to take breaks from cotton too. Esp. dishcloth cotton. I love the verigated (sp?) blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue. Can't wait to see what it is. Varigated is fun to work with, not boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueberry pie yarn.... sounds yummy and is really pretty. I'm going to have to see if they still sell that. Maybe I'll find it on E-bay.

    Oh... by the way... I bought my first flexible crochet hook and guess what? I hate it! The hook itself is too short. It isn't the same size as regular crochet hooks and I just can't get used to the feeling of a short hook in my hand. BUT..... I went to Joann's today and found a double ended flexible crochet hook and both hook ends are the standard size crochet hook. Did that make sense? Anyhow, I can't wait to try it out. And the first thing I'm going to do is use your tip for straightening the flexible plastic.
    THANKS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. no big retreat here in SD, but the snowbanks are "flatter". I'm in Mankato right now, and they still have PLENTY of snow. How funny--my word verification is "travel"!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.