Walk It Off

The following really surprised me. I guarantee that I will to take a walk after Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.


6 oz. white & dark turkey . .  340 calories

1/2 c. stuffing . .  180 calories

1/2 c. cranberry sauce . .  190 calories

1/2 c. mashed potatoes . .  150 calories

1/2 c. gravy . .  150 calories

1/2 c. green bean casserole . .  225 calories

1/2 c. candied sweet potatoes . .  150 calories

1 dinner roll . .  110 calories

1 pat butter . .   45 calories

1 piece pumpkin pie . . 180 calories

1/2 c. whipped cream . .   75 calories

Total calories. . . . 1,795

I don't mean to spoil your family gathering, but you will need to walk about 17 miles or 35,900 steps to walk off all those calories.

Source: Cent$ible Nutrition News, University of Wyoming, November 2009.

Comments

  1. And don't eat much for the other two meals of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy

    that was alarming! Good thing we only indulge a few times a year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.