Bargain Hunting

While shopping at Kmart on Thursday, I stumbled on a wonderful bargain: the Halloween costumes were on sale for 90% off. I thought they would make fun gifts for my niece's children. My niece is going through a difficult divorce, and she and the kids could use a little joy right now. I found some great costumes for their Dress-Up box.


For my great-niece, I found these dress-up costumes:
Firefighter (originally $15.99, sale price $1.59)
Genie (originally $19.99, sale price $1.99)
Feather Boa (originally $5.99, sale price $.59)
Dazzling Witch (originally $24.99, sale price $2.49)
Cheerleader (originally $24.99, sale price $2.49)
50s Poodle Skirt Dress (originally $24.99, sale price $2.49)
Original Total: $116.94
Sale Price: $11.64


For my great-nephew, I found these dress-up costumes:
Firefighter (originally $24.99, sale price $2.49)
Brown Dinosaur (originally $29.99, sale price $2.99)
Super Why - complete with cape and mask (originally $24.99, sale price $2.49)
Buzz Lightyear (originally $19.99, sale price $1.99)
Fisherman (originally $15.99, sale price $1.59)

Original Total: $115.95
Sale Price: $11.55
Overall Savings: $ 209.70
Giggles, Laughs, and Hours of Creative Playtime: Priceless

Comments

  1. What a great idea and a super gift for the little ones:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what savings!! I should tell my sister about this. I'm sure our local Kmart has similar deals. She wants to get more dress up clothes for her kids, since they just love to dress up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great AUNT who cares to make neices and nephews happy....now that is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea! Dress up boxes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is brilliant to use these in the dress up box........ugh why didn't I think of that!
    Next year I'll be ready......I bet everything is gone by now.

    Oh I came by to encourage you to buy that walking foot for your Bernina...
    you will not be sorry, I just love mine and use it all the time.

    Happy sewing,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, what an awesome Aunt you are to buy these costumes for the kids to use and play dress up!

    You found a great sale!!! and I would have given anything to have found a Super Why before Halloween for my best friends little boy - he loves that show!

    Love from Texas! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.