Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, February 2, 2009

Outside My Window. . . it is obvious that the groundhog saw his shadow this morning, so winter will be hanging on for six more weeks. The temperatures have been somewhat seasonal and mild here: the weeks should go by quickly.

I am thinking. . . about some goals for February. One is to reach the bottom of my yarn basket beside my chair. The end is in sight, but I have yards and yards to knit to achieve this goal.

I am thankful... for answered prayer. A lady at my church has been battling brain cancer for nearly two years, and yesterday, Pastor announced that her experimental treatment is showing signs of defeating the cancer cells. Praise the Lord. She is a young woman (about 30) with two very young children.

In the kitchen... the dishwasher needs to be emptied, the counters need to be tidied and wiped down, and the table is filled with clutter. I need to spend some time in the kitchen this morning.

I am wearing... my usual - twill slacks and a black top. Very little coordinates with my volunteer smock (a bright teal), so I stick to basic colors on Monday mornings.

I am creating... more short-cuffed socks out of scrap sock yarn. I promised myself that I could not start a new project until I have exhausted the scrap bag.

I am planning... a meeting schedule for the PH support group. Picking the days is the easiest part; finding presenters, the hardest.

I am reading... My Antonia by Willa Cather

I am praying... for the family of Meagan H., a young woman who died last week from pulmonary hypertension. I am also praying researchers can find a cure for PH in 2009.

I am hearing... the timer, urging me to prepare to leave for my volunteer shift.

One of my favorite things... the spontaneous laugh of a child who has discovered something new in the world, a laugh filled with apprehension and pure delight.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week. . . a haircut on Wednesday.

A quote worth sharing. . .


"Life isn't about waiting
for the storm to pass.....
It's about learning to dance in the rain"



~If you'd like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook (each Monday), you can visit The Simple Woman's blog here. To get instructions for participating, click on The Simple Woman's Daybook icon in her sidebar.

Comments

  1. I've never understood the logic behind the groundhog folklore. It's seems more logical to me that if he see's he shadow winter should be over. I associate winter with gray, cloudy, overcast days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.