Watching Paint Dry

In May, I made the decision to upgrade the windows in my house (circa 1980) from single panes to insulated, double-paned. One of the women in my knitting circle lives in my neighborhood, and her house is the same age as mine. Last year, she and her husband replaced the single-paned window sashes for double-paned sashes. With her recommendation, I made the plunge.


So, on Wednesday, it was out with the old, and in with the new. The windows were installed with minimal mess. The two-man crew was in and out of my house in two hours and most of that time was removing and reinstalling a window air-conditioner in one of the frames.


The new sashes are aluminum coated on the exterior, so only the interior frames needed painting. Of course, that meant taping around the edge (I am a messy, messy painter), priming and then painting.


I like the new sashes, but they are HEAVY, almost too heavy for me to heft around. I cannot remove the new sashes from the kitchen window because they are horizontal sliding and over the sink. I cannot get close enough to get good leverage. I am hoping my nephew will be here this week to help me remove it for painting.

I have three windows left to prime and paint, so I will be watching paint dry for another couple of days.

Comments

  1. I think you're going to be glad for the extra insulation this winter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.